Meet Dr. Martin
Dr. Martin earned a bachelor of arts degree from the City University of New York. Following graduation from the University of Pittsburgh's School of Dental Medicine where he was class recipient of the Pediatric Dentistry Award, he served in the United States Air Force as a general dentist and was stationed in Texas and Vietnam. During his tour in Vietnam, he performed general dental procedures on our servicemen as well as pediatric dentistry in the orphanages and remote "hamlets of the countryside." He returned to the University of Pittsburgh where he completed a thirty-month graduate doctorate program in orthodontics in 1973, which required original research and a thesis publication.
Dr. Martin has participated in acclaimed postgraduate education:
- Panky Institute for Advanced Dental Education
- Dawson Masters within the Panky Institute
- Parker Mehan's (head and neck anatomy and dissection) Shantz Hospital Center
- Dr. Mark Piper at the Dawson Center for Advanced Dental Education (MRI study and interpretation of head and neck anatomy)
- Advanced courses in Orthodontic Philosophy and Mechanics
- Seattle Institute for advanced dental study
- Implant courses for advanced studies in sleep apnea
In the 1999 and 2003 issues of Baltimore Magazine, Dr. Martin was voted by his peers as one of the most "Outstanding Orthodontists" in the Annapolis/Baltimore area. He was also featured in the 2007 and 2008 What's Up Annapolis magazine article for being an outstanding orthodontist.